Commercial Insurance Customer Service Representative
The Canopy Group – Le Sueur, MN / Minnetonka, MN
Our fast growing independent Insurance Agency has an immediate opening for a motivated individual to provide consultative assistance of Commercial Lines products to existing clients. Our successful candidate is a team player with insurance customer service experience, has superior communication skills and thrives in a fast-paced work environment. Ideal candidate has a strong connection to the community to help grow business and has the opportunity to work out of the Minnetonka or Le Sueur office locations.
Job Summary: The Commercial Insurance Customer Service Representative will assist our clients with service inquiries, help them manage risk of everyday life and protect their assets. The position requires superior phone and interpersonal communication skills, exceptional listening, and prior success in servicing clients on commercial lines of insurance.
- Receive inbound calls to assist insureds with inquiries while making changes to policies as needed, documenting in our agency management system
- Place outbound calls to complete research and follow up activity and conduct annual account review
- Communicate with current and potential clients, providing information, answering questions and resolving concerns
- Processing policy transactions
- Prepare insurance proposals through rating new business and expiring policies
- Ability to understand and utilize insurance carrier quoting systems
- Assist clients in submitting loss notices and maintain follow up to ensure timely claims settlement
- Maintain orderly electronic files and information, following agency procedures regarding customer interactions and transactions, documenting details of conversations, as well as actions taken.
- Setting suspense for those situations where it is needed.
- Process payments
- Diagnose customer issues, provide solutions and use a thought process to achieve results while balancing customers’ needs with the company guidelines.
- Set priorities and manage workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions
- Assist agents with additional activities as assigned to achieve office growth and retention
- Attend required training and continuing education programs
Job Qualifications & Requirements:
- HS Degree or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software and Web-based Technology
- Excellent spelling and grammar; outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic about the role insurance products play in clients everyday lives
- 2+ years prior commercial insurance experience
- 2+ year prior customer service experience
- Property and Casualty Insurance license
- Competitive Salary-based on experience
- Group Halth Plan
- S.A, FSA and FSA dependent care
- Group Life and Long Term Disability
- Retirement Plan
Job Type: Full Time
- High school or equivalent
- Customer Service: 2 years
- Commercial Insurance: 2 years
Required license or certification:
- Property and Casualty License
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com